Take the next step in network security with our highly sophisticated and advanced firewall management solutions.
Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFWs) provide many additional benefits compared to a traditional firewall. NGFWs can see traffic on many different OSI layers and provide security controls on those different layers. Traditional Firewalls will control access with port and protocol based rules. Internet traffic can span and hop on different ports to bypass these controls. Without visibility on the application layers advanced internet traffic, including malware, will render traditional firewalls ineffective.
Today’s advanced malware has capabilities to bypass traditional security controls. Many forms of malware can look like normal internet traffic on the surface. Without the ability to do deep packet inspection and see application level behavior, you’re left vulnerable to advanced attacks.
CipherTechs’ engineering team has a great deal of experience with NGFWs. Our conversion and implementation strategies help you get the most out of your solution. CipherTechs has helped many organizations write customized policies, scripts, and controls to integrate with their existing infrastructure, keeping both scalability and growth in mind.
FEATURES OF NGFWs
Some of the features included in a Next-Gen Firewall are:
- Packet filtering
- NAT (Network Address Translation)
- URL filtering
- VPNs (Virtual Private Networks)
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- IPS (Intrusion Prevention System)
- SSL inspection
- Malware detection
- Application level visibility
SECURITY FOR ADVANCED ATTACKS
Next-Generation Firewalls provide security by:
- Scanning for malware signatures, performing IPS, DDOS protection, Zero Day malware sandboxing, DNS monitoring, Botnet detection, URL filtering, etc.
- Conducting deep packet inspections, which allow a NGWF to see beyond the basic connection and analyze the content being transmitted
- Providing stateful inspections with the ability to add context for greater detail, which allows admins to create granular security policies
DATA LEAKAGE PROTECTION
NGFWs protect against data exfiltration based on file types, patterns, SSL inspection, application specific controls, etc.
METRICS & REPORTING
NGFWs review log data and correlate it to events with a few simple mouse clicks, allowing you to easily identify your most high risk activities and remediate in minutes.