Manage your firewalls and keep them secure from external threats.
FIREWALL CONFIGURATION REVIEW
A Firewall Configuration Review is a rapid, on-site configuration review of the client-premise firewalls and applies to numerous components that might be included in firewalls today, such as application controls, malware detection, intrusion detection and prevention systems, and VPNs. The purpose of the review is to verify the operating condition of the firewall and the effectiveness of its security configuration and rule sets. Unlike a penetration test, this review takes an insider’s view – with full access to the system’s configuration. Clients utilize this service as a part of the security verification process to identify abnormalities occurring on their network firewalls.
TYPICAL FIREWALL CHECKLIST
Typical Firewall Review Checklist (Firewall Security Health Survey):
- Software and hardware versions, including service packs with verification of any security vulnerabilities or software bugs present in this release
- Hardware review, including memory, network interface cards, system utilization and load
- Vendor licensing review
- Detail any potential security issues resulting in the device’s placement on the network
- A review of services enabled on the firewall
- Review of the firewall and operating system logs for errors and warnings related to possible hardware or software malfunction
- Review traffic and system audit logs for potential configuration or hardware related issues
- Review of user and administrator accounts set up on the firewall and the operating system
- A review of the rule sets deplouyed on the firewall
- Provide security recommendations for enhancement of the overall device configuration and improvement of security protection provided by the firewall